ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Added permissions for new user to a folder causes backup of unchanged files

2013-02-10 11:55:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Added permissions for new user to a folder causes backup of unchanged files
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 23:04:10 +0100
On 8 feb. 2013, at 22:38, Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU> wrote:

> Andy,
>
> Thanks for the confirmation.  We saw that list.  To me it seems like a
> waste to rebackup gigs of data unnecessarily instead of just the attribute
> information but I guess there is a reason why it is done this way.

windows ACL's can be huge…. not something that can be stored in the TSM
database, so they become part of the file data to tam… There is an option to
skip NT permissions from the backup if your company policy allows you to do so….

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl
+31 6 24821622