ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] VTL or disk pool

2013-02-07 15:55:27
Subject: [ADSM-L] VTL or disk pool
From: ritchi64 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:51:35 -0800
Thank you all for your comment.

So if I understand correctly, If I use storage agent for "Oracle backup" who
actualy write to the VTL to bypass the firewall. I can't use the TSM "disk
device" option to replace that because it's only IP.

It's to bad because I think that local disks on TSM server is faster than go to
the network for the VTL and also, direct from TSM server to tape for offsite
storage.

So I think there's only 2 choices remain:

a) buy a lot of localdisk and 3 new tape drives dedicated for Oracle storage
agent.
b) buy a new expensive VTL and change nothing.

Comment?