ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: Vol size discrepency for SnapMirror2Tape of NetApp

2013-02-06 03:28:23
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: Vol size discrepency for SnapMirror2Tape of NetApp
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:16:30 +0000
Hi Steve,
Sorry for a late answer to your question.
Here is your answer to your question.

bcfiler1a> df -S vol_xenbackup1
Filesystem                used       total-saved    %total-saved
deduplicated    %deduplicated    compressed    %compressed
/vol/vol_xenbackup1/  162628316         188334552             54%
188334552              54%             0             0%

If you take Total-Save + Deduplicated value then do you got the amount of data
that NetApp SnapMirror and TSM should backup.
And when I count does number together do I get a total backup amount of approx.
350GB.

PS: Sorry to tell you, NetApp is not a good investment if you want to be able
to restore the data.

Thanks
Christian