ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Prompt for windows activation after Restore.

2013-01-24 19:39:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Prompt for windows activation after Restore.
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:29:13 +0000
I don't know whether or not the previous advice was useful, but I've had
notification in my inbox of a newly created APAR on the same subject which
I thought it best to include for completeness
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1IC89666

Regards
Neil Schofield
Technical Leader
Yorkshire Water
----- Forwarded by Neil Schofield/Technology/YWS/Yorkshire Water on
25/01/2013 00:23 -----
|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

  |Neil Schofield/Technology/YWS/Yorkshire Water

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

  |ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu

|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>

  |Bo Krogholm Nielsen <BOKNI AT DONGENERGY DOT DK>

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

  |18/01/2013 20:35

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

  |Re: [ADSM-L] Prompt for windows activation after Restore.

Bo:

That sounds like a problem that we had and which led to the creation of
APAR IC78414:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC78414

It seems to relate specifically to systems using Volume License Key
activation. However I believe this was fixed in client level 6.3.0.5 and
you explicitly stated you'd used v6.3.0.16 for the backup and the same
client patch level for the restore. I'm assuming this means that the same
interim fix was used for the restore? This is important because the issue
we encountered occurs during the restore not the backup. It might just be
worth checking the client version in your WinPE environment.

Other possible causes are described here, but these seem to be limited to
situations where the OS wasn't licensed in the first place !!??

It may be that neither are applicable, but hopefully the causes give you an
insight into your issue?

Regards
Neil Schofield
Technical Leader
Yorkshire Water

Spotted a leak?
If you spot a leak please report it immediately. Call us on 0800 57 3553 or go
to http://www.yorkshirewater.com/leaks

Get a free water saving pack
Don't forget to request your free water and energy saving pack, it could save
you money on your utility bills and help you conserve water.
http://www.yorkshirewater.com/savewater

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject to the
legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682