ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Updating Windows client on systems with multiple schedules/CIFs shares

2013-01-22 15:43:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Updating Windows client on systems with multiple schedules/CIFs shares
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:34:17 -0500
I passed this info on to the Windows admin and they came back to me saying
they tried removing the dscenu.txt file from the directory containing the
opt/error/sched files and the backup failed.

I asked them to "show me" and yes, it fails.   It fails when they run the
CLI/dsmc.

I did some digging and found documentation that says you need an
environmental variable (DSMI_DIR) that points to the directory with
dscenu.txt in it.  Once we did this, it works. Plus the .cmd file they were
running did a CD to this directory, again because of their previous issue
with dscenu.txt.   I had them remove that as well.
No more 32-copies of dscenu.txt

On the topic of updating the client, they said when they first starting
doing multiple configuration, they services would be removed/lost when they
updated the client.  I have no idea how long ago this was or what client
level or did they uninstall before reinstalling.......the next update will
tell......

Thanks for all the help/suggestions...............