ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backing Up Lotus Domino Servers

2013-01-14 15:58:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backing Up Lotus Domino Servers
From: white jeff <jeff.white3 AT BLUEYONDER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:52:05 +0000
Hi

I have been asked to implement a solution for backup of Lotus Domino
Servers using TSM. At this moment in time, i am unsure if they will be
running this is on Windows, Unix or Linux.

I have done this previously and was intending to implement a similar
solution: Weekly full backups, daily incremental backups and frequent
transaction log backups, using domdsmc commands.

However, a colleague suggested using Flashcopy Manager, something i am
unfamiliar with at the moment. Having looked at the documentation, i can
see that Flashcopy v3.1 for Windows can create VSS snapshot backups of
applications such as Lotus Domino Server.

I attended a presentation in Germany in 2011 where Del Hoobler talked about
TSM for Mail and specifically, Lotus Domino Server, using the techniques i
had previously used. This was my preferred method.

So, TSM for Mail or via Flashcopy. What are the benefits, if any, of using
Flashcopy?

Thanks