ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TS3500 test environment

2013-01-09 11:28:24
Subject: [ADSM-L] TS3500 test environment
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 11:25:02 -0500
I am in the process of setting up a test environment for our Version 6
TSM servers. The servers run under zSeries Linux and are currently at
the 6.2.2.0 level. The main motivation for setting up a test environment
at this time is to support an upgrade in the near future.

Our production environment uses a TS3500 tape library with the ALMS
feature. We will need tape infrastructure available to the test
environment for some tests, but we do not wish to have any tape drives
permanently attached to the test environment. Is it possible to have a
logical library remain in existence with tape volumes assigned but with
no tape drives assigned?

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University