ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: 6.1.5.200 --> 6.2/6.3 Linux server upgrade

2012-12-31 13:57:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: 6.1.5.200 --> 6.2/6.3 Linux server upgrade
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:55:45 -0500
Thanks for the info on upgrading.  So, as long as I am at 6.2.x, upgrades
should go smooth.  Anybody have a reason to NOT upgrade to 6.3.3  across
the board?  If my servers are already running 6.2, they are ready
hardware-wise....

BTW, in case anyone grabs the latest 6.2.5, there seems to be a new
"feature" that starts issuing constant warning messages if you don't have
the ulimit files value set to 4096. Over the holidays, I upgraded my
offsite DR server and it started barking about the setting/value. Not sure
why the startup script doesn't set this value since it sets other ulimit
values.  -  Time to check all my servers and set this value, permanently.