ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Happy Holiday TSM Server upgrade V5 to V6

2012-12-22 23:16:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Happy Holiday TSM Server upgrade V5 to V6
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 22:12:16 -0600
Anybody else out there spending the holiday upgrading a TSM V5 server to
TSM V6? The one I'm doing has a 150GB database, and I'm using the "media
method", so it's going to take a while. It's going from V5.5.1.0 to
V6.2.3.0, on AIX 5.3. This was the only time I could get permission to
bring this server down for several days.

No huge problems yet; just wondering how many others out there are doing
the same thing right now?

===== While it may be true that a watched pot never boils, the one =====
==== you don't keep an eye on can make an awful mess of your stove. ====