ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backupsets and deleted objects

2012-12-05 11:47:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backupsets and deleted objects
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:39:59 -0500
Due to a discovery request, a department has come to us to retain all their
backups, including any DELETE objects.

They requests for us to create a backupset.  But from what I have ready,
this wont work since one an object has been deleted and RETO kicks in, it
is no longer active.  Is this understanding correct?

So, if this is the case, do I understand correctly the only way to capture
deleted objects is via an EXPORT?

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

--
*Zoltan Forray*