ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 6.3.3.000 server wont HALT

2012-12-04 12:05:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 6.3.3.000 server wont HALT
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 11:16:18 -0500
Hi Zoltan,

> It is now shutting down normally.

This includes when you start the server normally, as a background process?
Interesting... at this point I don't have anything more I can offer. If you
encounter this again, I would say to go ahead and open a PMR. It is
possible that collecting the stack traces for one (next) occurrence will be
sufficient. We can better facilitate information exchange through the
formal support process.

Meanwhile, if I hear anything more (such as a confirmed APAR number), I'll
post here.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2012-12-04
10:58:29:

> From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
> Date: 2012-12-04 11:03
> Subject: Re: 6.3.3.000 server wont HALT
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Well, I don't get it.  It is now shutting down normally.  I have stopped
> and restarted it 10-times (this is a test server) with no issues.  The
CPU

<jschneider AT ussco DOT com>wrote:

> > I meant 'dsmadmc -id=<id> -pass=<pass> -console' from a telnet/ssh
session.
> > It displays all console messages as they are generated.  I use it to
> > monitor the progress of long-running processes (deletion of filespaces,
> > macros that update volume access, etc.).
> >
> > Jim

Of