ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] free space on tsm

2012-11-17 04:07:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] free space on tsm
From: Maurice van 't Loo <maurice AT BACKITUP DOT NU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 10:02:47 +0100
In addition to Richard`s help: (start with his tips, this could be enough)

See if you can find any free diskspace you can use for a small amount of
time and add this to your backuppool.
Dev volume backuppool /dir/temp.dsm f=[mb`s]

Then if you have some extra disk space, move an almost empty volume to
disk.
Move data 248aasl5 stg=backuppool

So if you now have an empty tape, start a reclaim process to get more empty
volumes
Reclaim stg tapepool thr=95

If its not possible to get extra diskspace, consider to delete some data
from your backuppool. Assuming this is latest backup data what you can
backup again.
Delete volume /tsm_data/diskpool.dsm discarddata=yes
Do a q proc to see if enough data is deleted, if so, stop the delete proces
with a canc proc [proc nr]
3GB should be enough to move the data of 248aasl5

Or check volume 248aasl5 with
Q vol 248aasl5 f=d
to see how old the data is and consider to delete the data on this tape.

But as Richard said, first be sure all volumes are read/write by
Upd vol * acc=readw
And dont use colocation with
Upd stg tapepool colloc=no
Then try to move data or start a reclaim process

Regards,
Maurice van `t Loo
http://mvantloo.nl
 Op 17 nov. 2012 02:39 schreef "Gpeseadmin" <gpeseadmin AT solicitador DOT net>
het volgende: