ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM4VE File Level Restores

2012-11-12 14:09:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM4VE File Level Restores
From: "Stackwick, Stephen" <Stephen.Stackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 19:05:03 +0000
We've got a customer who has installed TSM for VE and is currently successfully
backing up their VMs. We've installed the "mount" utility and have successfully
restored files from the VMs. But we got to wondering how other people are using
this tool. I recommended they install "mount" on their helpdesk staff's
computers, and allow them to mount and restore files for users, as it seems
like an approach similar to allowing the helpdesk access to the individual
clients to do user file restores.

How are others doing this? Any suggestions?

Steve

STEPHEN STACKWICK | Senior Consultant | 301.518.6352 (m) | Stephen.Stackwick AT
icfi DOT com<mailto:sstackwick AT icfi DOT com> | icfi.com<http://www.icfi.com/>
ICF INTERNATIONAL | 410 E. Pratt Street Suite 2214, Baltimore, MD 21202 |
410.539.1135 (o)