ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tivoli Flashcopy Manager for VMware with offload backup

2012-11-12 13:35:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tivoli Flashcopy Manager for VMware with offload backup
From: ch_wira <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:15:18 -0800
Hi
  Thanks you for your recommendation. But I confused because I found this
parameters detail in the TSFCM for VMware3.1 user guide as below. I have some
questions.

1. Does TSFCM for VMware offload backup can work without VC plugin (Using
command line only)?
2. How TSFCM for VMware communicate with the machine which installed TSM for VE
to perform offload backup to TSM?

VE_TSM_SERVER_NAME
This parameter specifies the name of the Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual
Environments server that is used for user data backups. See Note 1

VE_TSM_SERVER_PORT
This parameter specifies the port of the Tivoli Storage
Manager for Virtual Environments server. See Note 1
Default (1500)