ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AUDIT VOL with WAIT=YES ?

2012-11-09 03:21:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AUDIT VOL with WAIT=YES ?
From: "Loon, EJ van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 09:14:21 +0100
Hi Roger!
Bear in mind that tapes with read or write errors will not always show
up as read-only. In the past I came across multiple tapes with read or
write errors which were still readwrite. In our shop I have TSMOR report
all read-only tapes, unavailable tapes and also all tapes with number of
read/write errors > 0. We always do a move data against all of these
volumes. I have seen multiple times that a tape had write errors, an
move data showed numerous corrupted objects which could not be moved and
the strange thing is that I could restore these objects from the
copypool! This means that these objects were ok in the past and got
corrupted somewhere down the line, probably during the last write action
to the tape.
By the way, we only use virtual tapes (EMC DL4106), reuse delay is 3
days.
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon
AF/KLM Storage Engineering