ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Q about TSM notification in a widely-distributed environment

2012-11-07 15:28:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Q about TSM notification in a widely-distributed environment
From: "Arbogast, Warren K" <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:02:42 +0000
One more thought. In my experience some-to-many client admins assume that
failed file backups (file in use, file not found, file changed, etc) are the
cause of failed backups (condition code 12). If the failed files aren't
important to them they look no further for the cause of the failed backup. I
believe this misunderstanding exacerbates their habit of ignoring automated
alerts. We have text in the alert message to correct that perception, but we
still hear that opinion.

Keith