ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Deploying 6.3 storage agent on AIX

2012-11-07 13:24:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] Deploying 6.3 storage agent on AIX
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 18:20:30 +0000
Fellow TSM'ers

I'd appreciate some feedback on a question.

We are currently roling out 6.3 to a few facilities, and also need to role
out the storage agent to a number of AIX boxes.

Previosuly I'd have the 5.5 STA on an NFS export and the individual admins
just mount it and install themselves.  However the 6.3 one is bundled into
the huge server install as well.

So what do you do?

1.  Give them the whole lot, with instructions on how to install the STA
only.
2.  Give them the whole lot, with a silent install script to install the
STA only.
3.  Pull out the STA package install files (they are simple to find) and
use the traditional method?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Steven