ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Q about TSM notification in a widely-distributed environment

2012-11-06 19:04:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Q about TSM notification in a widely-distributed environment
From: Nick Laflamme <nick AT LAFLAMME DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 17:47:58 -0600
Every day, our EMC Data Protection Advisor server processes the data it
collects overnight from our dozens of TSM servers and blasts out to the client
administration teams a listing of the servers who haven't had a good scheduled
backup in at the past 24 hours. As long as the client administration team lists
kept on Exchange are reasonably current, the daily blast will get to someone
relevant.

Mind you, I'm not saying that DPA is the best tool for this, but it's what we
use. I'm sure Tivoli's tools could be used for this approach as well.

Nick