ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] consolidating file type primary pools

2012-10-24 10:22:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] consolidating file type primary pools
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:11:40 -0400
I would recommend one additional refinement. After updating the
device class, list filling volumes on the E drive and change those
volumes to read-only. This will prevent TSM from using the filling
volumes as output volumes for 'move data' processes.

You might have to wait for TSM to finish using some of the filling
volumes. Our TSM server (6.2.2.0 under zSeries Linux) will not
let us make a sequential disk volume read-only while the volume is
in use, even if the volume is only being used for input.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital