ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] EMERGENCY -- NEED TO RESTORE ANOTHER NODE'S DATA IN WINDOWS

2012-10-18 15:16:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] EMERGENCY -- NEED TO RESTORE ANOTHER NODE'S DATA IN WINDOWS
From: "Schneider, Jim" <jschneider AT USSCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:11:10 +0000
Use dsmc -virtualnodename node1 or change dsm.opt 'nodename' to node1.

Jim

"Lee, Gary" <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU> wrote:

We have had a serious corruption issue, and need to do a point-in-time restore
data backed up by node1 to node2.  However, we cannot be logged in as node1,
because it is still active and will be backed up tonight during the restore.

Need a quick answer PLEASE.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University
phone: 765-285-1310

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.