ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes per TSM server

2012-10-10 04:59:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes per TSM server
From: Ian Smith <ian.smith AT IT.OX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:47:13 +0000
harold,

just for reference, we have > 1000 nodes on some servers - these are v5 servers
migrated to v6 and *not* consolidated. However, the average occupancy and
number of objects for each node is probably much smaller than many other sites
- we are an academic site with lots of smaller clients (research, admin,
learning materials, etc) with a very limited number of versions and retention
period.
Wanda is correct - the real limitations are size of DB ( related to the number
of objects stored ) and I/O. Memory, cpu and fast disks will all have a bearing
on what you can achieve - there are published IBM recommendations on memory
(and CPU ?) - search under 'server requirements'.

Regards
Ian Smith
IT Services, | University of Oxford