ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for Virtual Environments - Reporting

2012-10-05 12:27:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for Virtual Environments - Reporting
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 16:24:28 +0000
Trying to grep that stuff out of the logs is a nightmare.
And it doesn't' cover the case where a VM gets vmotioned to a different ESX
host, and for some reason that host wasn't set up to find and backup all VM's
on it.

So I"ve been tackling it from the opposite direction:
   select filespace_name, date(backup_end) from filespaces where
node_name='VEDATACENTERNODE' order by 2

The good thing about VE, is that all the filespaces are stored under the one
nodename.
So I figure any VM that doesn't have a backup date of yesterday had a backup
failure, and those are the only ones I need to go looking for.

Better yet, VE 6.4 is announced and will be available 11/16.
It's supposed to have better reporting built into it, but I haven't seen it for
myself yet.