ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Server initialization messages

2012-10-02 17:21:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Server initialization messages
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT US.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 17:10:19 -0400
You can start the processes in the foreground within a gnu screen session.
 If your ssh window detaches, it just detaches from screen, but the
terminal stays alive.   (sort of like RDP or VNC, only a text version of
it)

Otherwise, I use dsmulog to keep this stuff.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
10/02/2012 04:17 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Server initialization messages

We sometimes start a TSM server in the foreground so that we can see
the initialization messages. However, this is potentially risky in
our environment if a TSM problem occurs outside of office hours.
The VPN facilities I and my coworkers use to log on to Unix and Linux
servers from our homes are subject to timeouts based on the time
since the connection was made rather than the time since the last
activity.

Is there any way to make the initialization messages available for
inspection without the risk that the termination of a specific
terminal connection will bring down the TSM server?

We have a TSM 5.5 server and several TSM 6.2 servers. All of our
TSM servers run under zSeries Linux.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.