ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Moving NSF backups between servers

2012-09-21 09:52:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] Moving NSF backups between servers
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 09:37:27 -0400
We are twilighting our Solaris servers, especially older ones still running
Solaris 8 and older (Oracle just wants too much money these days, even for
EDU) and this question has arisen:

*Is there a way to move an NFS filesystem's backups to another node for
management? Of the old Solaris boxes that I can take offline, a couple of
them are managing backups for our big NFS-mounted SAN storage filesystems.
Will I just have to suck up some bandwidth and re-do them all?  *

Unfortunately, I think the answer is no and they will have to redo the
backups.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator