ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Actual TSM client storage utilization using Data Domain

2012-09-20 10:19:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Actual TSM client storage utilization using Data Domain
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:06:37 +0000
I have a situation where I suspect one, or more, of my TSM clients is rapidly
consuming large amount of storage space and am at odds of how to accurately
determine the culprit.

The TSM server is configured with a data domain dd880 as primary storage of the
device type "file" so obviously when I query the occupancy table in TSM it
provides raw numbers that do not reflect the de-dup and compression of the DD
device. Querying compression on the DD only provides numbers per storage area,
or context.

Has anyone been found a way to determine the actual amount of storage that a
particular client is using within data domain?

All comments welcome.....

TSM Server 5.5 on Windows and Data Domain ddos 5.1.

~Rick