ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disk/Volume/mountpoint access for TSM 6.3 on Windows

2012-09-13 21:21:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disk/Volume/mountpoint access for TSM 6.3 on Windows
From: Xav Paice <xpaice AT OSS.CO DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:03:13 +1200
It's late in the day, but my 2c here is to add that it's not always necessary
in Windows to use separate drive letters for LUNs - it's possible to 'mount' a
volume under a directory rather than eating letters.  This would appear to be a
much more scalable approach - however, the difficulty as we discovered is that
under some operations (e.g. format/restore the db) drive space is calculated
based on the letter, even though there is space available in the actual db
directory - meaning incorrect calculations.

Just a warning - mounting volumes under a single letter and sub directories
_should_ work fine but doesn't.  I'm not sure about IBM support on that either.
Lots of drive letters is the only way to go.