ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Disk/Volume/mountpoint access for TSM 6.3 on Windows

2012-09-09 20:32:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] Disk/Volume/mountpoint access for TSM 6.3 on Windows
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:29:44 +1000
Hi All

The TSM Documentation is, compared to much I have seen, wonderful.  It
covers system functions and facilities marvellously, but what it doesn't do
well is spell out best practices from the numerous options available.

I am installing TSM 6.3 on windows.  Long term readers will recall my
travails with NDMP and linux. The solution is to locate the widows client
on this new server box and back up using a proxy node thta resides on the
server.

On Linux, AIX the layout is simple, one volume for DB another for active
log, a third for archive log.  Windows does not in general work this way.
Looking at the DB2 doc for windows it seems that the DB is allocated as a
number of files of a given size,  but the examples place the archive log in
its own windows drive letter, without explicitly stating why.

Does anyone have experience of how to layout the TSM 6 database on Windows
that they would be willing to share?  RTFM is a valid response if you tell
me which manual to read.  I've already tried the obvious without finding
what I'm looking for, but may have overlooked some clue.

Thanks

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin