ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] migrating tape storage pools

2012-08-09 11:27:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] migrating tape storage pools
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 09:47:52 -0500
You can only do move data's with in a copy pool, not from copypool a to
copy pool b which would be nice, but I suppose for a media change you
can mark the orig copy pools vols to RO then put your new media in and
copy with in the same pool but to your new media which is set to read
write.

We've had situation where our Copy pool Vtape library hit its max and
cant expand, we couldn't do move data to a nother vtl as the devclass
had to be diff and therefore a diff copy pool arggg ...

Please correct any mis-statements I may have made as this is only from
one persons exp.