ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANS1705E with WMI Writer

2012-08-06 04:37:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANS1705E with WMI Writer
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 08:27:22 +0000
Hi their,
I hope to find some light over here.

I got a couple of servers that has the same problem. All of them are Windows
Server 2003 32-bits with SP2 and running TSM Client  6.2.3.1.

When I try to backup System State do I get following error ANS1705E System
Writers 'system writer' 'WMI Writer' do not exist, following by many ANS1417W
that are created by the first error.

When I searching on the web do I found a couple of ideas to recreate/modify a
couple of registry values/catalogs, but before I start with try-n-error method
do I find out what's really going on and when I run the WMIDiag tool from
Microsoft do I got following error.

35718 10:04:07 (0) ** - Root/CIMv2, InstancesOf, 'Win32_ComputerSystem' did not
return any instance while AT LEAST 1 instance is expected.
35719 10:04:07 (0) **   MOF Registration: ''

When I search on that error do I get 0 results that are similar.

So if you have any ideas how to solve this problem should I be glad to get that
information.

Thanks
Christian