ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Client-side dedupe memory requirements

2012-08-01 16:37:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] Client-side dedupe memory requirements
From: "Stackwick, Stephen" <Stephen.Stackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 20:24:50 +0000
All, I have some remote W2K3 servers running client-side dedupe in order to
save bandwidth. The problem is that they are memory constrained (to say the
least: 2GB!). I haven't been able to find any recommendations about client-side
dedupe and RAM, just that it's processor-intensive and may prolong the backup
window. Is it possible to do dedupe with a 2GB Windows server? There's no
chance to add RAM, BTW.

Steve

STEPHEN STACKWICK | Senior Consultant | 301.518.6352 (m) | Stephen.Stackwick AT
icfi DOT com<mailto:sstackwick AT icfi DOT com> | icfi.com<http://www.icfi.com/>
ICF INTERNATIONAL | 410 E. Pratt Street Suite 2214, Baltimore, MD 21202 |
410.539.1135 (o)