ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VM Archive

2012-07-31 22:36:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VM Archive
From: apaschal5 AT frontier DOT com <apaschal5 AT FRONTIER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:30:33 -0700
Good thinking, Ken.  Now that you've got me thinking outside the VE box....

You could Storage vMotion the VM into an NFS datastore, mount the datastore on
a client machine, then archive the whole VM.

If you wanted to archive a subset of the VM, you could NFS- or CIFS-share a
filesystem or directory from the VM to the TSM server, then archive it there.