ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Export backup data between LC

2012-07-31 08:38:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Export backup data between LC
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 08:23:35 -0400
Been there - done that - and as Wanda said, there is no easy/quick way.
When we went to the new split-licensing model, I had to create a separate
TSM server for the clients we are PVU licensing - 6-nodes with >200TB
occupancy  and >100M objects had to be moved - and yes, it took many weeks.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Meuleman, Ruud <ruud.meuleman AT tatasteel DOT
com
> wrote:

> All,
>
> We have to move about 150 TB backup data from one TSM LC to an other.
> Using command "export node <node_name> filedata=all toserver <server_name>"
> will take months.
>
> Does anybody knows if it is possible to export the metadata of backupdata
> from one LC to an other and update the owner of the volumes on the LM? The
> LC's share the same library. The involved TSM clients have there own
> collocationgroup.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Ruud Meuleman

> This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
> anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Tata Steel Europe Limited
> nor any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
> misuse of the transmission by anyone.
>
> For address and company registration details of certain entities within
> the Tata Steel Europe group of companies, please visit
> http://www.tatasteeleurope.com/entities

*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University