ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SQL Server 2012 support

2012-07-26 10:50:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SQL Server 2012 support
From: Rick Harderwijk <rick.harderwijk AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:42:10 +0200
Bill,

I'm not fully up to speed on SharePoint backups, but what I do recall from
the SP2007 era, is that you need to do a backup using the stsadm.exe tool
to create a full backup of the farm, which includes the databases, but also
several other stuff - so backing up  only the databases won't cut it).
Backing up SharePoint SQL databases with TDP *and* stsadm.exe will create
havoc with transactionlog backups (no, the restores to be fully correct) as
the LSNs of the transactionlogs won't match up.

Can't find any information on SQL Server 2012, latest I find is 6.3.x
versions, but that would only support up to 2008R2 with SPs. But I guess
that's just what you found as well....

Cheers

Rick