ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RMAN direct to NFS

2012-07-10 14:04:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RMAN direct to NFS
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:29:57 -0500
The IBM one, the reason I said overhead and complexity

1) We have 40 VTL's for
2) 5120 Configured Vtape Drives
3) More than 10,000 TSM Tape Drive Paths
4) 100 TSM Instances that share all the above

It would "seem" that if we used a VTL that has NFS we would still have
40 Devices but not he 15K objets to manage (tape Drives and paths)

Regards,

Charles