ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] changing stgpool to access=unavailable

2012-07-06 18:16:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] changing stgpool to access=unavailable
From: Grigori Solonovitch <Grigori.Solonovitch AT AHLIUNITED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 01:09:42 +0300
I am using similar design for our disaster site, but not on DataDomain.
Exactly the same procedure is used during each disaster site testing.
Some important comments:
1) NFS file systems have to be mounted as "soft" (not default "hard") to
prevent any hanging operations. AIX gives error for soft mounted NFS file
system. For hard mounted NFS file system I/O operation is hanging with very bad
consequences for TSM Server;
2) setting status "unavailable" for remote copy pool stops all operations, but
does not prevent read or right errors for volumes in unavailable FILE pool in
case of scheduled copy or space reclamation;
3) involved volumes can be marked as "readonly" with following manual
correction after completion testing or maintenance.
4) TSM Server is able to use NFS file systems mounted back after exercise
without any problems, but see points 1-3.

Grigori G. Solonovitch
Senior Technical Architect  Ahli United Bank Kuwait  www.ahliunited.com.kw

Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail