ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Admin Center Issues

2012-06-25 18:11:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Admin Center Issues
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:57:53 +0200
Admin Center is slow, the interface is clunky and annoying, the look and
feel is anything but modern and it is riddled with bugs and dependencies to
browser versions etc. Last time I tried it was 6.2 on a brand new two
socket HP DL380 with 48GB of RAM. Slow.

7 years of development and still in a bad shape. Seems that IBM puts a lot
of prestige in not doing the right thing, namely scrap admin center and
start over again. Or take a look and learn from the growing ecosystem of
companies offering alternatives which actually works.

And now admin center "knowledge" has been an important part of the TSM
Certifications. Questions of type "On which tab can you configure X?",
"What button do you have to press to get a look at Y". Questions that has
nothing to do with actual TSM competence but rather function as an IBM
loyalty test.

Hans Chr.