ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] restore an image backup using -imagetofile

2012-06-13 15:52:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] restore an image backup using -imagetofile
From: Alex Paschal <apaschal5 AT FRONTIER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:40:56 -0700
Hi, Robert. Windows images are called WIM files (*.wim). I don't know off the top of my head if the TSM image file is the same thing, but it seems reasonable that they could be.

You might take a look at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766067%28v=ws.10%29.aspx. It tells about how to mount a wim file. Alternatively, you can google "wim file" to do some research.

As a fall-back option, I would speculate booting off of a live Linux CD would allow you to mount that image file as an NTFS volume and copy files out of it.

Please let us know what ends up working for you.

Thanks,
Alex