ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] restore an image backup using -imagetofile

2012-06-13 02:27:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] restore an image backup using -imagetofile
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 06:22:32 +0000
Hello

I tried the imagebackup feature to backup a Windows server with a lot of files
(disk f:):   backup image F:  (around 360GB backup)

I did a restore with the option –imagetofile as:     restore image F:
O:\diskF.img    –imagetofile .

Run successfully and got an image file diskF.img of 360GB

Try to open it with an image program as PowerISO , configure on the program the
temporary output to a  huge disk 1Tera, but still cannot open the file.

Just for knowledge  did is a limitation of opening an image file or anybody
know how can it be done ?

We will use the regular restore image as partition  anyway  but ….

Regards

Robert Ouzen