ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Teaching Problem Solving?

2012-06-06 08:45:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Teaching Problem Solving?
From: "Leonard, Matthew" <Matthew.Leonard AT ATLASAIR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:37:12 +0000
Nick, Tell them one word...GOOGLE!

The main thing here is the person must contain the skillset to be able to
"troubleshoot" an issue.  Some people in IT do not contain this Skill which is
difficult to have them move past.  But if there is an issue that I am having
trouble with, almost any issue I can find some type of hint/resolution by
simply typing the error or Tivoli error code into Google.  We actually have a
troubleshooting checklist which I recommend you create which contains all of
the basic techniques that should be followed.  Before something gets "punted"
up, have them go through the "troubleshooting" checklist.

Matthew J. Leonard
Network Infrastructure Administrator
AtlasAir Worldwide Holdings
Matthew.Leonard AT AtlasAir DOT com