ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM4VE NBD data path

2012-06-01 11:24:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM4VE NBD data path
From: "Stackwick, Stephen" <Stephen.Stackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 15:20:31 +0000
I have a customer with a VMware environment using NFS storage. He has a
dedicated private network connecting his ESX hosts to his network storage. He
wondered if it was possible to attach the backup/proxy server to this private
LAN, in order to isolation the backup traffic. Has anyone tried this? The
problem I see is that the proxy wants to talk to vCenter, and vCenter isn't
reachable on the storage interface. It seems if you ditched the vCenter plugin
approach, and manually configured the datamover dsm.opt files to point to ESX
server IP addresses, it might work, right?

Steve

STEPHEN STACKWICK | Senior Consultant | 301.518.6352 (m) | Stephen.Stackwick AT
icfi DOT com<mailto:sstackwick AT icfi DOT com> | icfi.com<http://www.icfi.com/>
ICF INTERNATIONAL | 410 E. Pratt Street Suite 2214, Baltimore, MD 21202 |
410.539.1135 (o)