ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Different treatment of ANS and ANE messages in the server activity log

2012-05-31 10:13:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Different treatment of ANS and ANE messages in the server activity log
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:01:24 -0400
Rejean, thanks for pointing this APAR out. Indeed it does appear to provide
generic ANS --> ANE conversion for newer messages that are not in an older
server's catalog (but the resulting ANE message is in the language of the
client, not in the language of the server).

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/[email protected]

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2012-05-31
08:18:27:

> From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
> Date: 2012-05-31 08:22
> Subject: Re: Different treatment of ANS and ANE messages in the
> server activity log
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Hello,
> having ANS messages in the server activity log is actually
> a known defect with TSM servers (versions 5.5, 6.1 and 6.2).
> See here for the description and fix levels.
>
> http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC76265
>
> Rejean Larivee
> IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Software Support
>

> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 05/30/2012
> 11:01:14 AM:
>
> > From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
> > To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
> > Date: 05/30/2012 11:17 AM
> > Subject: Re: Different treatment of ANS and ANE messages in the
> > server activity log
> > Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
> >
> > Neil -
> >
> > My question would be: What are ANS messages doing in the server
Activity