ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backup stgpool - command issue

2012-05-17 09:21:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backup stgpool - command issue
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 09:10:00 -0400
Victor,

Assuming it is a copy pool volume (since primary storage volumes should
always be available in your library).

Investigate the volume status on your TSM server:
Use the "query drmedia" command determine the volume's current state, if
in fact it should be out of the library it's state would be either
"offsite, courier, vault, etc.". This tells TSM that the volume should
not be in the library and do not attempt to mount it.
If the volume's state is "mountable" then the TSM server thinks the
volume is in the library. Use the "move drmedia" command to apply the
correct status to the volume.

Additionally, check the access status of the volume by using the query
volume command to make sure it is still readwrite, and not readonly or
unavailable, as the server could have altered its access status when it
was unable to use it.

For a complete explanation of the DRM process refer to the admin guide.

~Rick
Jax, FL.