ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL-MAIL with flash copy manager Schedules

2012-05-17 06:58:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL-MAIL with flash copy manager Schedules
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 06:55:29 -0400
Hi Murat,

You cannot set different policies for backups of the same object name
using the same NODENAME. That is a fundamental behavior of
backup objects in a TSM/FCM environment. There are ways to
to solve your requirement.

For SQL, if you want different policies for the same object name,
you will need to have different NODENAMEs. All backups under
different NODENAMEs will get managed separately.

The same is true for Exchange, except with Exchange, you have another
possibility. You can create a COPY type backup and bind it to
another management class that has different policy settings.
In this case, you do not need a different NODENAME.
This will only give you two different policy possibilities.
In order to solve your daily, weekly, yearly requirement,
you will need to have a different NODENAME.

Please take a look at the User's Guides for Data Protection
for SQL and Exchange. Search for the word "policy".
If you are still not able to get this working, open a PMR
with IBM support and they can assist you.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 05/17/2012
01:35:06 AM:

> From: Murat ÖRDEKBAY <murat.ordekbay AT compro.com DOT tr>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
> Date: 05/17/2012 01:39 AM
> Subject: TDP for SQL-MAIL with flash copy manager Schedules
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Hi all,
>

> I installed both agent sql and exchange servers. I want to different
> schedules. Daily schedule (7 version), Weekly schedule(60 version),
Yearly