ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] replication issue tsm 6.3.0

2012-05-13 18:13:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] replication issue tsm 6.3.0
From: "Spearman, Wayne" <wmspearman AT NOVANTHEALTH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:06:26 -0400
Ray,
We are on our 3rd E-fix for node replication.  6.3.1.009. There appears
to be a lot of high level DB locking in the 6.3.0 code. IBM has made
several code fixes for us and is working on a few more issues. Below is
what we have on.

tsm: TSM02FM>show banner
* EFIX Cumulative level 6.3.1.009                                  *
* This is a Limited Availability TEMPORARY fix for                 *
* IC81575 - NODE GROUP COMMANDS CAN HANG WHEN NODE REPLICATION     *
*           IS RUNNING.                                            *
* IC81596 - NODE REPLICATION CAN HANG WHEN MULTIPLE THREADS        *
*           PROCESS OBJECTS OF THE SAME PEER GROUP.                *
* IC81381 - POSSIBLE CRASH DURING REPLICATION OF DEDUPLICATED      *
*           DATA.                                                  *
* IC80966 - NODE REPLICATION SOURCE VOLUME SELECTION FOR DEDUPD    *
*           DATA MAY SELECT COPY STG VOL EVEN IF VOLUME IS         *
*           UNAVAILABLE.                                           *
* IC81370 - POSSIBLE SERVER CRASH WHEN USING VIRTUAL VOLUME        *
*           GREATER THAN 2 GB.                                     *
* IC81819 - ANR9999D WITH NO BUFFER SPACE AVAILABLE TCPIP OUTBOUND *
* IC82366 - WHEN DELETING OBJECTS ON THE TARGET SERVER DURING      *
*           REPLICATION, ANR0379W MESSAGES MAY APPEAR              *
* IC80775 - ANR0538I WHEN GENERATE BACKUPSET IS RUNNING            *
* IC82162 - SERVER CAN CRASH DURING NODE REPLICATION IF A NODE     *
*           HAS A LARGE NUMBER OF VERSIONS OF SYSTEM STATE BACKUPS *
* IC80690 - BACKUP STGPOOL WITH MAXPROCESS GREATER THAN 1 MIGHT    *
*           ENCOUNTER PROCESSING DELAYS OR POSSIBLY RESOURCE ABORT *
* Symptom - REPLICATE NODE returns RC 0 when process fails         *
* IC82159 - SERVER MAY CRASH AT THE END OF A CLIENT DEDUP SESSION. *
* IC81212 - NODE REPLICATION FAILS WITH UNEXPECTED COPYTYPE=1.     *
* IC81832 - ANR8302E I/O READ ERROR ON DRIVE WHEN ENABLING TSM ENC *
* IC81437 - INVALID SQL COMMAND MIGHT CRASH TIVOLI STORAGE         *
*           MANAGER SERVER.                                        *
* IC79957 - SHOW DEDUPDELETEINFO COMMAND MIGHT CRASH THE TIVOLI ST *
* IC82823 - REPLICATION FAILS IF OBJECT IS REMOVED BEFORE IT IS RE *
* 81961   - Disable setting INTRA_PARALLEL on server start         *
* IC79667 - NDMP BACKUP MAY FAIL WITH ANR8381E AND ANR1096E ERRORS *
*           THERE IS AN AVAILABLE SCRATCH VOLUME IN LIBRARY        *
* 82128   - Issue error message if replications fails for a filesp *
* It is based on fixes made generally                              *
* available with patch level 6.3.1.000                             *