ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Pct Migr=0.0, Caching=No but there is data in the disk stgpool

2012-05-09 08:08:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Pct Migr=0.0, Caching=No but there is data in the disk stgpool
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 07:54:14 -0400
Zoltan,

>From  your description, it seems as if the only thing wrong is confusing
statistics. You haven't mentioned that other operations are failing due to
this issue.

APAR IC78241 bears a vague resemblance to this, though it is reported as
fixed in 6.2.3.100.

If you haven't already opened a PMR with support, that would seem to be the
next reasonable step.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2012-05-08
16:00:40:

> From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu,
> Date: 2012-05-08 16:03
> Subject: Re: Pct Migr=0.0, Caching=No but there is data in the disk
stgpool
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> This is becoming a constant, daily problem with both the storage pool and
> volumes constantly changing %utilized as well as migratable.  Today, it
> showed 23% utilized and 100%migratable.  So, I figured I would completely
> empty all volumes and then delete/recreate the storagepool.  I had one
> volume that showed 77% used (note, there is no activity going on besides
> the moves for each individual volume - no sessions, no backups).
Contents