ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] V5.5 -> V6.2.3 Move - Chicken-and-Egg Question

2012-04-24 09:33:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] V5.5 -> V6.2.3 Move - Chicken-and-Egg Question
From: Chavdar Cholev <chavdar.cholev AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:31:13 +0300
Hi Zoltan
If you change the hostname of the TSM after you install TSM 6 (DB2)
there is an issue  ...
here is steps how to fix it, if you REALLY need to change the hostname
of TSM server AFTER installation of TSM v6.x
1       disable client sessions
2       Backup TSM DB type=full
3       Halt TSM server
4       Set TSM service to maunal
5       Stop DB2 instance
6       Stop DB2 admin server
7       Open DB2 command prompt and execure:
                  db2set -g DB2SYSTEM=<new_host_name>
                  db2set -g DB2_EXTSECURITY=NO << switch back after reboot
8       Execute db2set -all to check settings
9       Change Windows system name to <new_host_name>
10      Reboot Server
11      Stop DB2 instance
12      Stop DB2 admin server
13      Execute:
                 C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\db2\BIN>db2set
DB2_ADMINGROUP=TSMHQ1\DB2ADMNS
                 C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\db2\BIN>db2set
DB2_USERSGROUP=TSMHQ1\DB2USERS
14      Check settings ==> db2set -all
15      Execute
                  C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\db2\BIN>db2set -g
DB2_EXTSECURITY=YES
16      Reboot Server
17      Start TSM server
18      Change TSM service to authomatic
19      Edit dsm.opt file to reflect new hostname
20      Enabel sessions ==> enable ses

Best Regards
Chavdar