We are backing up Oracle using TDPO + TSM Client for many years under AIX:
- install required TSM Client (do not forget about API modules - it is
important for TDPO);
- install required TDP for Oracle;
- define dedicated node on TSM Server for each Oracle server (for example,
<node> for files, <node>_ORA for all databases on the same node);
- configure TSM Client & TDPO (dsm.opt and dsm.sys);
- create option file for each database;
- configure data compression or/and encryption, if required;
- use tdpoconf to save password for each database;
- link Oracle and TDPO (under AIX "ln -fs /usr/lib/libobk64.a
- create RMAN scripts for full database backup, incremental database backup,
archive redo logs backup, restore database, incomplete restore database, etc (I
can share some RMAN scripts, but not for Windows);
- create required TSM schedules.
Usually it is not easy to do initial setup and build scripts, but it works
fine for years with minimal intervention
Grigori G. Solonovitch
Senior Technical Architect Ahli United Bank Kuwait www.ahliunited.com.kw
Please consider the environment before printing this E-mail
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Sent: 11 04 2012 10:39 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] Oricle backups
Well, I have now been tasked with backing up our Banner system.
This uses oricle as its back end db.
Seeking the wisdom of the group as to the best way to deal with oricle.
Is there now a tdp for oricle?
Any information / experiences welcome.
Servers are all RHEL 5 on intel.
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University
Please consider the environment before printing this Email.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND WAIVER: The information contained in this electronic mail
message and any attachments hereto may be legally privileged and confidential.
The information is intended only for the recipient(s) named in this message. If
you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, disclosure,
copying or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this in error
please contact the sender and delete this message and any attachments from your
computer system. We do not guarantee that this message or any attachment to it
is secure or free from errors, computer viruses or other conditions that may
damage or interfere with data, hardware or software.