ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Cryptic tsm error message, not sure what to do with it.

2012-04-04 12:16:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Cryptic tsm error message, not sure what to do with it.
From: "Robert A. Clark" <robert.a.clark AT DAIMLER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:12:59 -0700
The last time I saw one of these warnings, the file mentioned was being
included via VSS in the system state backup, but there was a problem with
the path or file name in the key entry in the registry.

(I don't remember if there was an extra space, or an extra backslash in
there.)

If you use regedit, and search for that filename, you may find a misformed
key. Run the search until you find no more matches, as sometimes there are
multiple entries that need to be fixed.

Thanks,
[RC]

GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU
Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
04/04/2012 08:10 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Cryptic tsm error message, not sure what to do with it.

Tsm client 6.2.4 on windows 2008.
Tsm server 5.5.4.

Receive the following for each nightly backup.

04/03/2012 21:26:43 ANS1417W Protected system state file
'\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy25\Windows\System32\iscsilog.dll'

is backed up
to the drive file space, not system state file space.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University
phone: 765-285-1310

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you
have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your
cooperation.