ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Thurs May 3, 2012 TSM User Group meeting for Baltimore, DC, Northern Virginia (USA)

2012-04-02 11:41:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Thurs May 3, 2012 TSM User Group meeting for Baltimore, DC, Northern Virginia (USA)
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:36:27 +0000
Please plan on attending what may be our most significant TSM user group
meeting ever!
Mark your calendar for Thursday, May 3, 2012.

We will have a lot of technical info to discuss. Also, Colin Dawson from IBM
will be here to get your feedback on IBM's design for a new release of the TSM
Administrator's GUI interface (which will be significantly different from the
current ISC/TIP).

The new admin interface is currently in the design phase. Colin will be showing
mockups of the screens they are considering in the new design. IBM wants
feedback on our reactions to the design, and they want a better understanding
of what TSM administrators need from the interface. This is your opportunity to
provide feedback and have an impact on the design process!

PLEASE REGISTER and please forward this announcement to anyone in your
organization who may be interested. Registration instructions below.

DATE: Thursday, May 3, 2012
TIME: 8:30AM - 2:30PM
LOCATION:
CAS Severn
6201 Chevy Chase Drive
Laurel MD 20707

AGENDA:

  *   TSM Roadmap for future releases - Ken Bury, IBM
  *   TSM 6.3: Best practices for exploiting replication and other new features
in 6.3 - IBM
  *   Streamlining TSM backups for VMWare with Pancetera - Pancetera
  *   Lunch
  *   Design review for a new TSM Administrator's Interface - Colin Dawson, IBM

REGISTRATION:
Meetings are free. However, you MUST REGISTER in advance.
To register, just send an email to tsmug.dcmetro AT gmail DOT
com<mailto:tsmug.dcmetro AT gmail DOT com> with your name, company, and a
current phone number.
* If there are seats available, you will receive a confirmation email within a
few days, a notice of the Final Agenda, and a reminder notice before the
meeting.
* When seats are filled, we will maintain a waiting list.
* CUTOFF for registration is 5pm Friday, April 27, 2012, or when we run out of
seats, whichever comes first.
* We have a limited number of seats, and registration can fill up quickly. If
you need to get approval from your management to attend, we suggest you
register now, and cancel if you can't get approval.
* If you register and find out later you can't attend, someone can attend in
your place without prior notice.
* If no one will attend in your place, PLEASE REMEMBER to cancel so that
someone else can have your seat.

ATTENDANCE POLICY:
Recruiting is not allowed at TSMUG meetings.
Business partners are welcome to participate as long as they identify
themselves as such.

REFRESHMENTS:
Morning coffee and lunch will be provided.

QUESTIONS?
If you have questions, please send an email to tsmug.dcmetro AT gmail DOT
com<mailto:tsmug.dcmetro AT gmail DOT com>.