ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RFE 17805

2012-04-02 11:04:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RFE 17805
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 11:00:35 -0400
So in the original post, I think it was mentioned that there were 2 tape
libraries.  One in the DR site.
If you have all copypool volumes there and have some scratch tapes, I
don't see how any functions are missed.
You can backup directly to the primary pool in the DR site immediately. It
is only the existing volumes that are
offline (but available through copypool)   New volumes are available from
the scratch tapes.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
04/02/2012 04:57 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] RFE 17805

Hi Shawn!
To clarify myself I will explain our current setup.
Primary location: IBM frame with one of the AIX HACMP cluster nodes, the
diskpool located on a SAN attached storage box, mirrored to the remote
location and the library containing the primary storage pool.
Secondary location: IBM frame with the other HACMP cluster node, the
mirror of the diskpool located on a SAN attached storage and the library
containing the copy storage pool.
If the primary location is lost, I loose one of the cluster nodes (this
is fixed by switching to the remote location), the mirror copy of the
diskpool (no problem) and the whole primary tapepool, because the
library is gone too.
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon